Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- If you have OKey credentials, use them with the OKey login option to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
This course will describe some of the history leading up to Oklahoma Statehood and will introduce you to the individuals who serve your county. This includes elected officials but also professionals who are appointed to lead important offices (Emergency Management, for example), as well as volunteers.
This course is intended for county government officials throughout Oklahoma.
- Three hours total.
- The course is divided into 7 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the duties of Oklahoma's elected county officials.
- Describe the importance of many non-elected boards and offices in Oklahoma's counties.
- Understand how county government is funded.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes.
- History of Democracy
- Oklahoma's Road to Statehood
- Introduction to County Government
- Elected County Officials in Oklahoma
- Non-elected County Boards and Offices
- Checks and Balances
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on each of the quizzes.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.