Full course description
Managing Backyard Wildlife Problems
Are animals causing damage to your home? Enroll in the OSU Extension Backyard Wildlife Management online course to learn best practices to avoid and minimize conflicts between humans and wildlife in Oklahoma urban residential settings.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key concepts related to wildlife in a residential area
- Evaluate different control methods for different wildlife species
- Apply safe and legal practices for animal control
- Describe the best practices for meeting various control objectives
You can work on this course any time, 24/7 for up to 30 days. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities and take quizzes. The course is divided into thirteen modules, which can be completed at your own pace. Each module should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn at least 85% on all assessments. A certificate will be available to download after the course is completed.
Total Time Estimate: 3 hours
- Introduction to Managing Backyard Wildlife
- Canada Goose
- Mole & Gopher
- Putting It All Together
- For the best viewing experience, use the Google Chrome browser.
- First-time users will need to respond to a confirmation email from Canvas Catalog.
- When logging in, use the Outreach Login option (unless you have OKey credentials.)
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.