Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Mentor Orientation Training is designed for educators who have been approved to serve in a mentor role and is a prerequisite to participating in the 6-hour mentor training.
- 60 minutes total
- The course is divided into 5 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Identify the goal and objectives of the mentoring program.
- Summarize the roles and responsibilities of a mentor.
- Practice the characteristic of modeling a positive attitude.
- Differentiate between connection and communication.
- Apply skills in building connections to improve communication.
- Identify the objectives of the mentoring program evaluation plan.
- Engage in evaluation strategies to strengthen the mentoring program.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced, course. You will watch videos, engage in interactive learning activities, and take a quiz.
- Mentor Program Overview
- Roles and Responsibilities of Mentors
- Attitude Is Everything
- Communicating Effectively
- Evaluating the Mentor Program
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the course assessment.
- You must submit the Course Evaluation.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.