Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
The public course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.
- 4 hours total.
- The course is divided into 4 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the body condition score of your horse.
- Identify and utilize the most accurate method of weighing your horse.
- Recognize normal and abnormal health indicators of the horse.
- Describe the basic behaviors and senses of the horse and how that may impact their handling and care.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities, and take quizzes.
- Body Condition Scoring in Horses
- Determining Weight in Horses
- Health Assessment
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.