Full course description
- Watch this How to Enroll Video
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Do not type your name in the box. Instead, click on Sign in here.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Public course available on OSU Extension Catalog
- 2 hours total.
- The course is divided into 4 modules which can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Select the right birds for your needs.
- Choose the right housing and equipment for your birds.
- Describe the best practices for caring for chickens at different stages of life.
- Recognize and prevent common health issues.
- Apply best practices for biosecurity.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities, and take quizzes.
- Selecting Your Birds
- Caring for Chicks
- Caring for Chickens
- All about Eggs
- Poultry Health and Disease
- Backyard Poultry and Implications for Public Health
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.