Full course description
- Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Use the OKey Login box to log in.
- Contact the OSU IT Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Public course is available on the OSU Extension Catalog.
This course is for OSU Extension staff professional development. Others should enroll at https://osuextension.catalog.instructure.com/
- 3 hours total.
- The course is divided into 6 modules that can be completed at your own pace.
- Each module should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Select the right birds for your needs.
- Choose the right housing and equipment for your birds.
- Describe the best practices for caring for chickens at different stages of life.
- Recognize and prevent common health issues.
- Apply best practices for biosecurity.
This is an asynchronous, self-paced course. You will watch videos, engage in learning activities, and take quizzes.
- Selecting Your Birds
- Caring for Chicks
- Caring for Chickens
- All about Eggs
- Poultry Health and Disease
- Backyard Poultry and Implications for Public Health
Completing the Course
- To complete the course, you must access all pages and earn 80% on the assessments.
- Once you have completed the course, you can print a certificate of completion.